Translate

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Baker Info | My Favourite Youtube Channels!

It's time for something a bit more lighthearted. 

After a hard day of uni, I usually roll into bed, cry and watch Youtube. It's fun for everyone because you can tailor it to whatever your interests are, here are some of my favourites:

Fashion/Beauty
I watch styling videos mostly and tend to watch people who seem nice and who have style similar -but loads better - than me; and who I can be 'inspired' by (ugh). I'm subscribed to a few more than these three but the following are channels that I watch most



Her style is just ridiculous, and I also follow her vlog channel TheSammiMariaShow because she seems so lovely 

I love how edgy but simple her outfits are. I watch every video!
I didn't know whether to put Kate under style or reality but she's both, I like her humour and how she's not afraid to swear a lot

Facts 
I wind down by ingesting useless facts about everything and anything 


Some of them are so good. I like the ones about ancient civilisations and corporations best


Sometimes it's nice to become a paranoid tinfoil-hat wearing mess. I really enjoy being weirded out by this channel

Interesting/Educational
It's nice to have to have all the little questions answered about the stars and earthquakes and how pufferfish puff. I also love any social-y information but usually get this from articles and blogs rather than video content, with the exception of a few

So interesting, SciShow answers all those little weird questions like 'why do we have to brush our teeth' and 'why do dogs pant' 

I love this channel, Emily is based at The Field Museum in Chicago and her enthusiasm and interest in science is so catchy. Everything on here is just so darn interesting

It's like having a mini lecture by a really cute smart professor while sat in bed (which would be frowned upon IRL) it's run by the VlogBrothers (one is the cute SciShow guy, the other is the guy who wrote The Fault In Our Stars). There are crash courses on Literature, History, Psychology, and loads more 


Laci Green is no doubt the pinnacle of the internet. Her videos are accessible, informational, interesting and funny. She talks about biology, sex, social stigma and feminism on her channel. Sexuality and feminism in pop culture on her new channel MTV Braless, and used to discuss all types of science on Dnews (Discovery News -  still a good channel). ILOVEHER


Reality/Vlog
Because some people are just more interesting than me

Helen Anderson 


I started off watching Helen's normal style channel which is here . I still do, but I watch her Melon World vlog channel more -where she goes about her daily biz or does Q&As. I like her hair, her realness and that her 'vlogmas' is shot in a really cool way because she has a degree in film!




Trisha Paytas is so darn interesting. She got famous by making 'trolling' videos for views on her main channel, then found the ability to captivate viewers by talking non-stop for 43 minutes but not having to edit out single word (a genuine talent). She lets you into her personal life through her vlog channel, she's different to me in every way but you just warm to her <3

What do you like to watch? If you have any suggestions, 
tweet me @bakebakebaker 

BAKER 
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment